Saturday, November 3, 2018

A coincidence of rainbows

Last week I went on this walk in the Chianti hills.

Blue line, a 15 km loop from Greve including Verrazzano

After several hours, I stopped at the Castello di Verrazzano, a winery with a bar and restaurant, to see if I could get a coffee. A server in the restaurant made me one but wouldn't accept payment, perhaps because I looked like I really needed it. I got some of my photo postcards out of my pack and gave her a few. One was this one below, about which I could say "Questa è la mia città (This is my city). "Oh", she said, "un arcobaleno", which is how I learned the Italian word for rainbow.

A rainbow over Williams Lake

Servers at the Verrazzano restaurant bar

I enjoyed my coffee, said "arrivederci" and continued my walk, umbrella in one hand and camera in the other. Seven minutes after taking that photo of the servers, I got the photo below from the terraced hillside of the Verrazzano estate. A coincidence of rainbows thanks to friendly strangers and serendipity!

Un arcobaleno over the Chianti hills


No comments:

Post a Comment